“What makes photography a strange invention is that its primary materials are light and time.”
— John Berger
Guided photography tour of The Hague – a city with unique status
About The Hague
Most importantly, The Hague is the seat of the Dutch government and parliament. It is the residence of the Dutch royal family. Most embassies and ministries are located here. Furthermore, the city hosts many international courts including the International Court of Justice and the International Criminal Court.
In addition, there is a large church dating from the 15th century, an impressive City Hall from the 16th century, several large 17th-century palaces, and a number imposing Protestant churches from the 14th century onwards.
There are also many fine exampls of Art Deco and imposing ultramodern architecture. The city tour will offer fantastic photo opportunities of these.
Places you will visit on the guided photography tour of The Hague
- Vredespaleis (Peace Palace)
- Noordeinde Palace and Palace Garden
- The Dutch Parliament Buildings and lake (Binnenhof and Hofvijver)
- The most magnificent street in the Hague: stately Georgian houses framed by centuries-old lime trees
- De Ridderzaal (Knights Hall) and Grote Kerk (Great Church) – two of the Hague’s oldest buildings
- De Passage: the oldest arcade in Europe
- Koekamp and other green spaces in the Hague
- Fine examples of traditional and contemporary architecture
Note: The evening itinerary will vary according to the time of year
After the tour
The photography experience
We especially recommend the evening tour as the parliament buildings are impressively lit at night.
The afternoon photo tour starts at 14:30.
The start time of the evening photo tour will depend on the date, because there is a huge difference in sunset time between 21 December (16:30) and 21 June (22:00).
The duration of the tour is approximately 3 hours.
If you are travelling from outside The Hague, and would like advice on public transport please contact us.
The price of the The Hague evening photo tour is €39.95 per person.
What is included
• Experienced tutor and guide
• Refreshment break
• Access to our tuition web pages
• Photo enhancement service
• Advice on travel to The Hague
• Advice on what to do and where to eat and drink n The Hague
What is not included
• Hire of equipment such as tripod
• Cost of transport to The Hague
But it seldom rains the for whole day. If the rain is torrential the workshop will be cancelled, but if it is not heavy the tour will go on regardless.
Photographers are hardy folks, and stormy skies and wet pavements present some of the most exciting photo opportunities!
How do I book a photo tour?
If you would like to book a tour of The Hague, you can do so by:
Telephoning +31 (0)71 887 10 23
This session is not only limited to couples naturally, but also suitable for families or group of friends, for a special occasion or just for fun!